Friday, November 13, 2009

9. Attend the ACL festival


It was Nate's first ACL festival, and my .... fifth? I cant keep up with these things anymore. But it's been too long. I was sad to miss it on 2008, and the All Points West Radiohead debacle did nothing to satisfy my need for outdoor music festivals.

Lots of bands, food, drinks, sun, and great friends, what else could you possibly want in life?

I know, I know, the tickets were overpriced, food lines long, some crucial bands ended up backing out of the festival (Beasty Boys, we will see each other some day), and the rain was atrocious. But nevertheless, it was amazing fun and I can't wait to figure out how I'll make it back to Austin next year for it.

Day 1: The Walkmen, Daniel Johnston, K'Naan, Thievery Corporation, Them Crooked Vultures, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Day 2: terrible cold rain. Flogging Molly, The Levon Helm Band, Devotchka, Ghostland Observtory

Day 3: The day of the mud!!! The B-52, Toadies, Ben Harper and Relentless 7, Girl Talk, Pearl Jam





No comments:

Post a Comment