Monday, November 16, 2009

87. Go to a bar featured in Sex and the City and order a super frilly pink Cosmopolitan


I think I got this one half right. I got a cosmopolitan, that's for sure. And I'm sure that if Carrie Bradshaw existed, she would have gone to a place like the W Hotel. I just don't think it was specifically name checked in the show.

Technicalities.... who needs them.

I think what really matters is that Nate and I went to the W and their swanky mod paneled lounge, and ordered incredibly overpriced drinks that came in martini glasses. We nursed them for a long long time, and sat on the couch watching gray-suited bankers high five each other while skankily clad ladies tried to catch their attention. In the end, one drink was all we needed to have the full experience. I seem to be a cheap date.

I don't think we were feeling the vibe that night. We were fresh off a contemporary performance art experience, and I think we needed to keep the weird indie energy. And the W just speaks of a generic type of opulence that wasn't fully vibing with us. So after our fabulous martinis (yay!) we ended up in the Village having Belgian fries with flavored mayo. Such an odd combo, cosmopolitans, followed by fries.

I have to say, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment