I've joined the fitness craze and started going to Zumba classes at my local yoga studio. I try to go on Saturdays or Sundays, and so far it's been pretty successful.
Finally, I'm gonna use my yoga membership. I purchased a 20 class pass when I was pregnant, because I was going to prenatal yoga, and though I tried to go every week, my body didn't always cooperate. It was post-baby and I still had 7 sessions left. A bunch of people I know had been going to mom-baby yoga, where you take your baby with you and they sit on a mat while you do your yoga poses. In all honesty, it sounds stressful. I just can't imagine LP sitting there calmly the full hour and a half. And if I have to be mindful of a baby, wouldn't that get in the way of... I don't know... my finding that zen place?
Turns out I don't really like yoga, because I went to a Zumba class on a lark and I'm hooked. So much fun! And I sweat for a solid hour without really noticing. Sweating while you're dancing to Latin music is sooo much better than holding downward dog and balancing. Also, as an extra bonus, LP likes to watch me do the steps at home. She thinks it's hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment