Saturday, November 30, 2013

Baking: Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip Cookies

These were a big hit at the office.  I wanted to bake something nice since due to a misunderstanding (mostly forgetfulness on my part), I had forgotten to bring to our break room some cookies we had been given by the buildings awards and appreciation committee.  So I needed to make it up with a big gesture, and I figured this culinary delight would blow everyone's mind and win me some brownie points. 

The recipe is from Picky Palate, a website I'm not too familiar with (yet), but they did an amazing job explaining this recipe and the step by step process.  The cookies are actually surprisingly simple: make cookie dough, mix in chocolate chips, hand-pat the dough around the Oreo, put in the oven, let cool, ENJOY!  FYI, This dough is thicker than the traditional globby chocoloate chip cookies, which is how they can wrap around the Oreos.


▲▲ Cookies dough and Oreos, ready to be combined

▲▲ Fresh out of the oven.  Nom nom nom, and also, I made this batch with too much batter, the second batch (where the picture was blurry) came out much better.


▲▲ Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment