Monday, February 13, 2012

Finishing up "Fun Activities and Outings"

I am determined to round up this list.  If only so that I can begin addressing my new year's resolutions.  Sigh.... there's always something left to do, right?  Though I find that the list method really works for me.  Not the blog format (I'm a terrible writer, and lack the motivation to sit down and sort my thoughts in sentence/paragraph form), but the list format.  Some day someone will make a To Do list hybrid that includes a social network/photo blogging element.  Pinterest comes close to it, but doesn't quite address my need.

So on to round up this category.

16.  Go to a Film Festival.  FAIL.  It just didn't happen.  I was hoping to attend at least one screening at the Tribeca Film Festival, but as it happens only once a year, my window dwindled.   I am gonna be selfish and place the blame squarely on LP and breastfeeding, though I'm sure it's not entirely her fault.  If I had REALLY wanted to attend, I could have figured out a way, but apparently it wasn't that important.  
So goodbye NYC, with all your film festivals, movie screenings, film schools, and street side movie/tv shoots.  I will miss the IFC, Angelica Theater, and the Village Theaters.  Really, I will.  I actually went to see your foreign/ indie/ classic screenings.  Not as much as I thought I would, but I took advantage of it nonetheless.  
Hope is not lost; Austin has a pretty remarkable film community.  Maybe I can sneak into a couple of SXSW film screenings. I've done it before, back when the festival was much smaller.

18.  Host a Dinner Party.  DONE, sort of.   I had originally wanted to properly cook a 3 - 4 course deal, and use our new wedding gift china and serving ware.  But alas, best laid plans.   Turns out I hate to concept of entertaining, and it stresses me to no end to have large crowds of people over.  We've had friends over for dinner one couple at a time, and it's been great.  I've made appetizers, a main course, and even attempted desserts.  So.... success, because really, the idea of me having a full on dinner party with 8 - 10 people doesn't sound like fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment