Saturday, May 15, 2010

22. 365 Photo Project (taking a picture for every day for a year)

This is the One Photo per Day project.  I didn't actually finish it, but I got pretty far before I had way too many skipped days that I couldn't make up.  I made a rule to myself that I would get to know my camera, and try to take as many pictures as possible.

Ultimately, a combination of a new job and a massive computer crash ended the project.  The job, which was pretty demanding, got in the way of my having access to diverse settings during daylight hours.  No complaints on that end, since I'd rather be doing architectural work than taking pictures.  Photography is a nice hobby, but I really sadistically enjoy my career.  The big problem was the computer crash, which I suspect was caused by a virus.  I ended up having to wipe clean my hard drive and reinstall everything.  I was able to salvage most of my files, but unfortunately, some random pictures in my photo project ended up getting corrupted.  This is why there are some days that were skipped.  I hate PCs sometimes.

It was a fun project, and I'm bummed that I didn't finish it.  My goal is to restart it again for the first year of the new baby's life, because then I can take pictures of the same subject over and over and call it a photo essay.   Also, the baby will change from day to day, something that would be really fun to document.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment