Sunday, June 13, 2010

Update - moving and life changing

Its been a crazy month and a half, and I only now feel finally ready to wake from the daze and start getting back to normalcy.   There's been so much stuff going on, so many of these events at an actual daily life changing scale that its been hard to keep atop of it.

In the last 6 weeks:  We decided we needed to move apartments (too small to fit a crib, and I was getting to the point where I couldn't go up the four flights of stairs).  Went apartment hunting and a week later had signed to a new place in Park Slope, in a brownstone.  And that was an incredibly stressful and scary process.  My father came to visit, took me to Rhode Island for a couple of days, then we went sightseeing in NYC and Brooklyn, and he got us a crib.  I had a job interview and landed a part-time position at an architecture firm in the Southstreet Seaport area.  I've also babysat my lil' Brooklyn Heights friend for about two weeks (which means that for this time I'd be working doubles, to use the restaurant term).  My mother came to visit.  We packed up the apartment and spent memorial weekend moving.  Thanks L, J, Sa, K and Si for helping us with this move, couldn't have survived it without you  I didn't carry anything, but did 80% of the packing and still exhausted myself in the process.  Then had to keep going back to get the last few things and clean up the apartment. Had the car break down, and dealt with figuring out the issue (oh, what a scary prospect) till we finally realized it was only the battery.  Still, that took a couple of days of testing, and research and PepBoys trips. Showed the apartment to a few prospective tenants looking to take over the lease halfway through June.  Had to unpack the new place and make it livable.  This last part is not quite done yet, but we are finally making good headway.

Did I mention I'm 5 months pregnant?  I get exhausted so much faster these days, my energy gets zapped directly into my fetus.  So I'm ready to break through the fog and declare some things accomplished.

We finally have legitimate Internet now, which means my computer now recognizes its ability to go online.  Its been tiring having to use Nate's laptop, which is good quality but doesn't have the set up exactly where I want it.  Hopefully now that Vicky (that's my laptop's name) is back in action, I can concentrate on updating this blog.  Things have been happening!  Items off the list are getting crossed off!

No comments:

Post a Comment