Monday, May 18, 2009

91. Do a bus tour

Close enough, last Saturday I went on a Duck Tour, which is not technically a "bus" tour, but is probably even better.

Temi was in town with Brian, and they wanted to sight see. So, Nate and I, along with their friends Ilana and Etan, decided to do the 75 minute tour. It takes your through Manhattan, and then the bus converts to a boat and plunges into the East River (where the plane landed some weeks ago). It was worthy of the Magic School Bus

I'd never been on a Duck Tour before, but I'd seen them in Austin. Though I found out from talking to Ilana that many cities have them, whenever a town has a large body of water with views of Downtown, the Duck Tours will prevail.

I'd recommend this to other people Much cheaper than the Circle Line or the Gray Tours. And though they technically cover less ground than the bigger touring franchises, I thought the shorter route was better, it gave an overall overview of Manhattan, while giving people a good sense of what to do next on their own.

I've also posted some pictures on my more NYC specific, less list related blog New York Stuff Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment