Sunday, May 10, 2009

88. See a live Comedy Show

This feels like a total NYC staple, but I hadn't gone to a comedy show yet because I had no way of knowing which were the quality venues. Every time I walk around in the Village, I see specials and offers for seemingly shady basement shows. And honestly, its a risk of whether it would feel like comedy hell or something vibrant.

But my friend Sabrina recommended going to see the Upright Citizens Brigade. She's been going for a few Sundays now and really enjoys their brand of improv, so I decided to join her and her friends for the evening.

I'd actually heard about the UBC group before. They had a show on Comedy Central at some point, if memory serves, and Amy Phoeler is their most famous alumni. So I was excited to go to a super-duper legitimate comedy show.

It was really funny, and something I'd like to do again. Sabrina's friends were friendly, and were telling me that they go every Sunday, at least, to watch the improv shows. For $10 bucks, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Nate didn't get to come, so I'm excited to go with him next time. He needs to be able to say he's been to a bonafide NY Comedy Show as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment