I am determined to finish addressing all the points in my list, because then and only then can I move on with my life. As the years pass, I'm becoming more attached to list-making and spread sheets as a way to organize my life. I don't know how I feel about from a holistic stand point (does this make me OCD? does organization really lead to happiness? will having a typed out calendar really add two hours to the day?), but I have discovered that seeing things written down, with the possibility of being checked off, really gives me peace of mind. I can take these items off my brain RAM, so I can worry about more important things. Such as LP and her wonderful laugh, reading, following the political election, Austin urban design issues, etc.
This section of my 101 List is kinda silly, because the wedding was going to happen no matter what. And by that I don't mean that it was pre-ordained, but rather, that it was already in the works. I was going to get married regardless of my blog. Nevertheless, it was such a monumental event, that I just had to include it, you know?
The only item that I didn't finish was 51. Make a Wedding Scrapbook. I started it, and even got quite a few pages into it. I collected all the well-wishing cards from our guest book tree. (How strange, I wanted to include a picture of our beautiful guest-book tree, and it seems that it's the only entry in the blog, where the images no longer work.) I collected copies of the invitations, programs, a piece of fabric from my dress. I really did all this, got it together, even put it in the scrapbook.
And you know what? Scrap-booking kinda blows. It was not a fun or enlightening experience for me. I know many people (mostly women) find lots of enjoyment from picking backgrounds, making collages, lettering, and otherwise decorating specific chapters of their lives into a page. I get the value of it (maybe). But if just felt like an exercise in self-aggrandizing. Look how great I am, how awesome the details of my wedding are! Whatever, it didn't hold my attention. For now I will stick with my Flickr page, and the great powers of Photoshop to get my kicks.
No comments:
Post a Comment