Ahhh, cooking. The spice of life and bane to my existence. I've never managed to sustain cooking to the level that I'd like for a variety of reasons. For starters, I aspire to cook with whole ingredients from scratch, but LP (that's the kid) seems to have other ideas of how I should use my time. Namely singing Itsy Bitsy Spider and putting the stuffed animals to sleep with diapers. Whatever, we've been managing to have home cooked dinners as a family at least 70% of the time, and that's just gonna have to do. We're embracing pre-cut veggies, and a few frozen things here and there, but overall, it's pretty good. The food could always be healthier, more locally sourced, and more veggie friendly, but *sigh*, we're just gonna be happy with what we have. Perfectionism is for sissies.
On to wrapping up the list:
43. Cook 5 Peruvian meals I haven't made before DONE 2012 I'm declaring this done because of a 60% completion majority. It's all about the math, baby.
1. Papa Rellena (DONE 06.14.09)
2. Aji de Gallina (DONE 01.17.10)
3. Lomo Saltado (DONE 2012) I've made this before, but this time I used the proper spices instead of just throwing things together in the saute pan. For the Olympics Potluck at J & A's house, which had an international theme. I represented Peru, what, what !!, even though their Olympic presence is dismal.
44. Take a cooking Class FAIL Why is this not done? Seriously? It has to be fixed. Now that LP is bigger, and doesn't need my undivided attention, I'm gonna sign up for something fun at Whole Foods. I hear they have cheese making classes, though that might be too impractical. Best option might just end up being a session on meal prepping and quick 30 minute meals.
No comments:
Post a Comment