Tuesday, November 9, 2010

17. Go Apple Picking

Its been a crazy last few weeks since my last post here.  Well... we had a baby.  And LP, as I think I'll call her on the internet (we must protect the innocent from a lifetime of online searches), is doing great.  She is a ray of sunshine, who eats very well, likes having her diaper changed, is for the most part not very fussy, and actually sleeps at night.  Not through the night, I just meant that between night feeds, she actually sleeps pretty much the 3 1/2 hours straight.


So we decided to dare take her on a fun outing when she was but only two weeks old.  Technically 2 1/2 weeks.  Our friends were organizing an apple picking excursion since its that time of year again.  Nate and I kept meaning to go apple picking in previous years and somehow never made it, so we took this as an opportunity to scratch another item off the list.  Seriously, this was a long overdue project.

We checked into the place, Masker Orchard, and it actually seemed like a pretty perfect place to try and take a little baby.  For starters, you could park right next to the specific areas where you'd pick apples (as opposed to other places, where you park and then walk about 20 minutes), parking and entry to the orchard were free, and actually, the only thing you HAD to pay was if you took apples home with you.  We decided to join in with friends and get a bag with them, and otherwise just hang out with our friends having a picnic eating as many apples as we could off the trees.

I don't think I've ever had an apple fresh off the tree, and it was an absolutely delicious experience.  So juicy, so cold, so amazingly tasty.  Fresh apples, where have you been my whole life?

No comments:

Post a Comment