When I became part of the recession victims, I started searching for any type of project to engage my creative mind. I found this great idea to take one picture per day for a whole year, and in the end, have 365 fresh new photos. It's a neat concept, a slice of life, a document of mundane excitement, and a chance to play with photography.I've been doing a pretty good job keeping up with it. Though there are days when I forget to take my camera out, I still include a picture for that day with the personal rule that it cannot be from more than three days away. This project is not about rules, after all, but about capturing my life for a year. I've been uploading photos about once a week.
The uploading process takes a while, specially since I like to play in photoshop and edit the pictures. My father would say that a truly good photograph should never be touched by graphic software, but I'm not a purist. The way I see it, photographers have been playing with the conditions in the darkroom as long as there has been artistic photography - be it exposure, paper, sizes, etc. In the same vein, why can't I change exposures, saturation, color filters, and such? It's a modern version of the same concept. Plus photoshop is fun, and this gives me a good excuse to learn more tricks and shortcuts.
I'm not done yet, but seeing that I reached over 100 photos, I felt rather proud of myself, and decided to share them.
One Photo per Day Project
No comments:
Post a Comment