I realized today that the mug I use to stop my pens at work had this lovely message
And I think it's a good one, mostly because I imagine it as a series of goals rather than cause and effect. Be nice. Have fun. Succeed.
Because, really, isn't that what we're all aiming in life? I might add to it: Love. But then it might go into the borderline cheesy territory. I do not prescribe to the interpretation that it's Be nice (therefore) Have fun (therefore) Succeed. Because these are three different independent concepts that can be easily achieved in a day, and are not congruent on each other. Also, what is success? In he context of this mug I would say that success is the personal feeling of success, rather than a universal financial/professional sense of it. It's my soapbox, and I can interpret my own mugs however I want.
