Thursday, February 10, 2011

85. Eat the typical ethnic cuisine from three separate neighborhoods (Little Italy)

Am I cheating?  Am I stretching the letter of the law past it's fundamental spirit?  Something doesn't feel quite right about counting this.

But I gotta be honest - I really want to make it far on my list.  There is this balance I have to reach between checking items of the list (yay), and acknowledging that the new baby has forever altered my abilities to do certain things (also yay).  So I am looking back through this last year, and trying to figure out which experiences I have done and just forgot to mark on the blog.  Curious thing life, when you are most active in it, you have the least amount of time to document it.

I now try to upkeep the blog and my flickr page during LP's nap times.  So I have about.... 20 minutes left before she'll probably wake up.  Here it goes.

Last year Angie and James came to visit, and we went to Lombardi's Pizza in Little Italy because... well, its THE pizza place, isn't it?  We went, got seated, ordered the classic large pizza and bread sticks, had a delicious meal that we all enjoyed.  Then afterwards we bought wine at a store and proceeded to get hammered on the Staten Island Ferry when it decided to leave us stranded for almost an hour on the Staten Island terminal. Angie and I snuck into the bathroom to open our bottles of wine and brought them back out in brown paper bags, and we served ourselves in paper cups we'd procured from the nearby food court. True story.  And the fact that it has almost nothing to do with Lombardi's and Little Italy doesn't take away its awesomeness.

LP woke up. ...... and I am back now, while she plays on her exersaucer.

So... Lombardi's, right?   I am going to mark this off as one of my ethnic neighborhoods with specialized cuisine.  Little Italy - had Italian food.
I'm thinking other options for the future are:  China Town - Chinese food, preferably dim sum, Astoria - Greek, Brighton Beach - Russian, Lower East Side - Katz Deli, Korea Town - Korean bar-b-q, Caribbean food from the other side of Prospect Park, and I"m sure there are plenty more that I'm just not thinking of.

No comments:

Post a Comment