Wednesday, January 26, 2011

33. Get two more plants for the house

When we were at the Ikea plant section, I heard a girl tell her boyfriend, "Hey honey, want to get another plant to kill?"  

I burst out laughing at the universal truth of the matter.  And yet we still purchased to plants with the full intention to not kill them.  I'm actually pretty good at keeping houseplants.  I wouldn't go as far as to say I have a green thumb, but I've been known to water them now and again.  I'm also fond of getting indoor plants that are meant to be tough, which I can recognize on sight but would never remember the name of their breeds.

Our timing was pretty terrible for the plants.  About three weeks after we purchases the floor plant and the hanging plant , we brought home a lovely baby girl.  2 months later both plants were dead.

I really think that babies and plants can coexist happily.  However, remembering to water them while trying to breasfeed a newborn and keeping your own sanity is virtually impossible.   I really think they would have had a chance if it wasn't for the trip to Texas during the winter break.  Though we left a set of house keys with a friend in case of emergency, we didn't make any requests to water the plants.  We've done it other years, and this year we just... forgot.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.  And I know that in one of the 50000 baby pictures were have, you can probably see the plants in the background, but I just don't the energy to do this search.  LP is napping, I want to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment