At the Lima baby shower, my uncle and his wife gave us a Belly Cast as a gift. The instructions said to cast the mold around week 37 for best results, so we promptly put it aside for a later date and almost forgot about it.
Good thing we remembered. Exactly on week 37 to almost 38, we decided to spend an evening making a cast of my belly. It was fun.
I covered myself in vaseline. Nate soaked the fabric in water and laid it on my skin. The process was really easy, as this was one of those pre-made kits. It took only about 30 minutes to actually make the cast, probably about an hour in prepping the stage and then cleaning up. I highly recommend getting one of the kits, they come with all the right amounts of fast drying casting fabric and cleanup materials. The only issue was cleaning up afterwards, as I had to take about 4 showers to get the sticky feel of vaseline off my skin.
I can't believe the belly is so big, yet feels so small at the same time. I really want to take a picture or the baby with the cast after she's born to compare the sizes. I have a feeling that a few months after delivery, we are not going to believe how big my belly got, and the cast will be a nice reminder.

No comments:
Post a Comment