Tuesday, January 26, 2010

71. Go back keeping a Weight Watchers food journal - in progress

Why am I having such a hard time with this?

I started doing weight watchers about 2 1/2 years ago, when I finally decided that enough was enough and I wanted to wear a stunning dress for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary party.  So I joined WW, started going to meetings and counting my points, and voila, the pounds started shedding.  It was some work, but not as hard as I had feared. By the time I got the dress, 5 months later, I was about 20 lbs lighter and feeling pretty good with myself.

And I've kept it off, mostly, my system seems to have restabilized my body at about 25 lbs less than it used to be.  I've gone down a bunch of sizes, I can wear short skirts now, it's all good. The problem is that I can feel myself gaining and I dont seem to be able to get back in the program.

I always knew that if I felt my weight slipping, if my jeans started to feel tight in any way, I could just go back to WW and start counting points again.  Riiiiiiighht....... I keep forgetting to count the points and following through.  One reason might be that I'm trying to do it online rather than go to the meetings.  But the truth is that though the meeting were incredibly helpful at the beginning, I stopped going to them in Austin because I found them redundant.  It was a bit frustrating to ONLY talk about food for an hour a week, and on top of that to have so little of the focus be on fresh/ real ingredients.  Try as I might, I still can't get into fake cheese and egg substitute.

I'm trying to do WW online, but I fear I am not in the same mindset as I was in Austin.  I've gotten sloppy with this, probably because I am the actual jean size I want to be, so it's hard to have that fire under your a$$.  I"m debating whether to go to local meetings in Brooklyn.  Maybe I need that as my new motivator.


No comments:

Post a Comment