My bad, I didn't put an end date for this task, so instead it reads like some arbitrary desire to work out once a week for the rest of existence. I just want to get into the habit of regular exercise. I want to feel good about myself.
And I'd gotten to a good groove too. I've been playing volleyball once a week for about a year now, and some weeks ago I joined a running class with the CoA. For 6 glorious weeks I ran on Mondays, and played volleyball on Thursdays. I felt good about myself and began to actually look like I was losing weight. I wasn't losing any actual pounds, but I certainly looked more toned.
The car accident threw off that careful balance. I'll post about the accident some day, maybe, if I feel the need to exorcise my issues in writing. The important item is my knee injury, and my 3 days of Vicodin and how it was swollen, and I could barely walk. It's been over 3 weeks, and I still can't walk down stairs, though at least my dramatic looking bruise is gone. The doctor recommended I go to physical therapy, specially if I want to play volleyball again soon, and this prospect fills me with dread and depresses me. It means my injury was real, which is oddly validating, but also makes it "real", which I was trying to avoid.
Last Monday I attempted to rejoin my running class, if even to walk. It was more upsetting than I expected because it turns out I can't really walk very well. I mean, I can walk, but it was pretty painful to do it continuously So instead I mosied for about 30 minutes, covered less than a mile, and tried to feel satisfied with the fact that I even wanted to be out there a lot. The weather was super hot, so it migh not have been a bad thing to take it easy. Baby steps. One walk at a time to get my knee back in action.
On the other hand, I find myself actually missing exercise, which is a new feeling I've always yearned for. Maybe this will be my motivator to wan to run a race soon.



