It seems that life is throwing us a curve ball and we have way too many things going on at the same time. The next 8 weeks or so will be glorious. Exhausting, exhilaration, and potentially awesome.
1. We were in a four car collision, and our lovely Prius is officially totaled. I hurt my leg and was on Vicodin for a few days, followed by Aleve for two more weeks while the swelling in my right knee subsided. We've been borrowing my dad's car (he's doing the semester abroad, so he doesn't need it), and dealing with the insurance settlements. It seems that everything is going well, and the insurance is indeed covering all expenses, but it's still been a lot of extra paperwork, stress and PTSD moments.
2. I'm taking my next ARE test at the end of June. I had to postpone the test because of the accident, and it's proving to be a much more difficult one than I was originally hoping for. Lots of studying and reviewing.
3. We bought a house. Eeeeeeek! I repeat. We bought a house. A small 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath in our current neighborhood within walking distance from the library. It needs some major work (reroofing, replacing electric panels, new water heater, fixing a clog on the A/C), and some cosmetic thigns to make it worth the investment (repainting, re-flooring, changing light fixtures, lightening wood cabinetry, window treatments, bathroom remodel). We close on it in a couple of weeks, and then the real intense part starts.
4. We are moving. Only 5 minutes away, but still have to pack stuff, and move it over to the new house.
5. We still have our full time jobs, and our awesome toddler girl. Both of which are going great, thank you very much. I'll probably end up taking some time off, since the city gives me a lot of paid leave. And my mom has been helping us with LP, which has freed a bunch of nights for studying and home research. Our lives would not be possible without my family. I am so grateful.